Playunknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) launched on Xbox One game preview on December 12, 2017, and with it came a wave of annoyances and glitches. However, the development team recently released an update for the Xbox One version which aims to address some recent issues.
Available now, the new update for PUBG on Xbox One means to address the following issues:
• The free-fall and parachuting process has been optimized, leading to performance improvements during the initial stages of each game.
• World loading has been optimized. “Play-doh” and interior prop pop-in effects have been improved.
• Movement data for nearby but out-of-sight players is now handled in a more efficient manner, resulting in general performance improvements.
• Similarly, when nearby but out-of-sight players equip or unequip items, this process is handled in a more efficient manner. This helps with performance and crashes throughout the game.
• The inventory has been optimized, improving response time when opening it and solving some crashing issues.
• Uninhabited boats and vehicles were causing some performance issues, and we’ve resolved this issue.[/box]
Another issue which seems to be troubling standard Xbox One and Xbox One S users is game crashing during lengthy play sessions which have been going on for longer than three hours. Although this issue has yet to be addressed, the development team is aware of the issue and means to fix it soon.
If you’re running into this particular issue, the development team has mentioned a quick-fix for this instance, which requires the user to restart the game every few hours.
[Source: PUBG Forum]